We are now accepting exhibition proposals for our July - December 2018 program, the application closing date is 18th March 2018. We are seeking proposals for solo and group shows, emerging and also experienced artists. Artists, curators and collectives working in any media are welcome to apply.
PLEASE TREAT THE APPLICATION PROCESS AS OUTLINED BELOW AS A GUIDE. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT, TECHNICAL OR OTHERWISE (WE HATE FORMS ALSO) DON'T HESITATE TO PUT WHAT YOU THINK IS THE MOST RELEVANT INFORMATION IN THE FORM OF AN EMAIL AND SEND IT TO email@example.com
Applicants may discuss challenging installs or ambitious projects with gallery staff prior to submission, as technical assistance can be provided. Please use either our online or printer friendly forms to submit proposals this year. For trouble-shoot issues with submitting applications or wish to clarify any aspects of our gallery programming please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist’s are not required to gallery-sit during their exhibition.
Rubicon does not take any commission on sales of artwork.
Costs for 3 week exhibition:
- Gallery 1 $575
- Gallery 2 $950
- Gallery 3 $1150
NOTE: Please feel free to use the forms below as a template if you are having any technical issues with them. We don't want you to be deterred by forms, send as many images and as much relevant information as you can.
The proposal should include:
- Name, address and contact details
- The title of the exhibition
- Your preferred gallery space(s) and dates for proposed exhibition
- A brief outline of the ideas and concepts behind your work
- A brief description/ exhibition plan (include scale, number of works, and any special requirements technical or otherwise)
Artist’s responsible for:
- Restoration of walls and gallery space after de-installation
- Arranging delivery/transportation of work to and from gallery
- Installation and de-installation of exhibition (except in the case of an interstate or international artist)
- Any appropriate insurance cover
Exhibition cost covers:
- Production and printing expenses of exhibition invitations
- Exhibition invitation distributed to gallery email list
- Gallery staff for duration of exhibition
- Opening night bar staff, glasses and drinks
- Assistance with lighting and photographic documentation
- Assistance on request with installation and de-installation of exhibition
- Exhibition listing on gallery website
- Line listing in Art Almanac
- Utilities expenses
- Public liability insurance
- Exhibition listing on gallery website and social media platforms
- We require a 50% deposit to be paid on acceptance of proposal. The booking is confirmed on receipt of this deposit. The remainder is to be paid prior to installation.
- We require a months notice in the case of cancellation of an exhibition
- To inform us if any of the work has been exhibited previously in any local galleries
- To inform us if you are represented by another gallery or agent
- All works should be finished (i.e no wet paintings) and genuinely created by the exhibiting artist
- Rubicon ARI accepts no responsibility for theft of art works or damage caused by Fire, Flood, storm or accident (utmost care will be undertaken by the gallery staff to protect all art works at all time
Call For Volunteers
Rubicon ARI is calling for enthusiastic volunteers to contribute to Melbourne’s cultural landscape by assisting in the daily running of this young artist run space. Volunteers will gain practical skills and insight into arts management including invigilation, general administration, installing and dismounting of exhibitions, serving at the bar on opening nights, answering general enquiries and the capacity to talk about artworks with patrons.
Prospective volunteers must have excellent communication skills, a ‘people centred’ attitude to work successfully as a team, be highly organised and have a love for contemporary art. To begin the application process please fill in the Volunteers Form and email to Administration on email@example.com
Volunteers Form (PDF)